Data: All information collectively submitted by the User to Vaarst Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR. This also includes any national implementing laws, regulations, and secondary legislation for the duration of the GDPR’s legality.
GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
User/You: Any third party accessing the Website that is not either employed by Vaarst Ltd, and acting in the course of their employment, or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Vaarst Ltd and accessing the Website as part of the provision of such services.
Vaarst Ltd: The trading name of Vaarst Limited, a business registered at The Quorum, Bond Street South, Bristol, BS1 3AE.
Website: The website you are currently using, www.vaarst.com, and any sub-domains of the site unless expressly excluded by specific terms and conditions relating to such pages.
a) The singular includes the plural and vice versa
c) A reference to a person or individual can also refer to a company, firm, governmental organizations and partnerships.
d) “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
e) Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment to it
4. For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Vaarst Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Vaarst Ltd determines the purpose for, and method with which, your Data is processed.
5. We collect data in the following ways:
a) Data given to us by the User
b) Data collected automatically
6. Vaarst will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
7. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically using cookies, for example:
a) We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to the Website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times, and frequency with which you access the Website, and the way you use and interact with its included content.
b) We use remarketing services, such as Google Ads, for tailored advertising and re-marketing purposes. This enables us to display ads to you based on what parts of the web site you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
8. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a) Access to your Data and the account in which this is stored is controlled by a password and user name.
b) We store Data on secure servers.
9. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse, loss, or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email at email@example.com
10. If you want more detailed information on how to protect your information, computers, and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses, and other online problems; visit www.getsafeonline.org, provided by HM Government and leading businesses under the name Get Safe Online.
12. Your data may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax, or regulatory purposes even
after the event of deletion.
13. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a) Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update, or delete such information. If we provide you with information held about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may
refuse your request. If we refuse your request you will be entitled to reasons why.
b) Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c) Right to erase – the right to request the deletion or removal of your data from our
d) Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to block us from using your Data or limit
the way in which we can use it.
e) Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your Data.
f) Right to object – The right to object to our use of your data, including when used for legitimate interests.
14. To make enquiries exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. In the UK, this is the ICO (Information Commissioners Office). The ICO’s contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.
16. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us
informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
17. This Website may provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites
extend to your use of such websites.
18. Vaarst Ltd may engage in expansions or reductions which may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control or all part of Vaarst Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of that business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new
19. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
20. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
23. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right will be deemed a waiver of that or any other right.
24. This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Cookies: Additionally, when you visit our Website, Vaarst Ltd may store a ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites, such as time spent on the Website, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using the Website and to recognize your computer in order to assist your use of the Website. We also gather statistical information about use of the Website in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
Interested in accelerating your business performance through the use of mobile robotics? Speak to a member of our teamContact us